GovDocs Update Service Definition
The standard GovDocs Update Service is a 12-month subscription that automatically provides updated labor law posters to applicable locations whenever a change occurs.Update Service covers postings that apply to:
- All employers: The issuing agency has determined all employers must display the posting
- Most employers based on GovDocs' clients
- GovDocs-identified core subject areas, regardless of the issuing agency's posting requirements:
Update Service does not include:
- Minimum wage
- Employment discrimination
- Workers compensation
- Unemployment insurance
- Uniformed services employment postings
Products with Update Service
- Industry-specific postings (e.g. construction, federal contractor, retail, transportation, etc.)
- Postings that require confidential or business-sensitive information, as outlined in a contract or federal grant
- All other postings not designated as required by the issuing agency
Update Service is available for the following GovDocs products:
- Federal Contractor Poster Package: physical and electronic formats
- Federal Defense Contractor Poster Package: physical and electronic formats
- State and Federal Poster Packages: physical and electronic formats
- State and Federal Combined Posters: English and Spanish language
- County Poster Packages: physical and electronic formats
- City Poster Packages: physical and electronic formats
- Right to Work/E-Verify Poster
To order GovDocs Update Service:
- From the applicable product details page, enter the desired quantity and click Add to Cart.
- Then, in the Update Service box (which will appear after adding the poster to cart), enter the same quantity (one for each poster) and click Add to Cart.
- Click the Cart Button (upper-right corner) to check out.
Update Service is purchased per individual location, in addition to the first set of posters.Update Service Subscription
Your Update Service goes into effect at the beginning of the month in which you purchase the service.Delivery Information
Renewal of Update Service
- Initial Posters: Your initial posters will ship within three business days of your purchase.
- Updated Posters: If there is an update to your poster, it will ship by the 10th business day of the following month at no additional cost.
- Initial Electronic Posters: Your initial electronic posters are available in the GovDocs Download Center for two weeks starting the date of your purchase.
- Updated Electronic Posters: If there an update to your poster, it will be available in the GovDocs Download Center for two weeks starting the last business day of the month.
To continue service after the first year, pay the Update Service subscription fee. At the beginning of the month your Update Service expires, GovDocs Customer Service will contact you to initiate the renewal and billing process. If the Update Service expires, no updated posters will be issued until renewed.GovDocs Update Service for Large, Multilocation Employers
To learn more about Update Service for large employers with multiple locations, contact GovDocs Customer Service.