GovDocs, Inc. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GovDocs, Inc. may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective January 1, 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as geographic location.
- Other information relevant to your customer account or response to promotional offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Customer order fulfillment.
- Customer account preferences.
- Assess our product and service offerings.
- Assess our website's effectiveness.
- Inform you of labor law posting compliance news, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you, your company and GovDocs, Inc. under which you may access our website www.govdocs.com or any accessible applications through our site. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site regardless if you or your company are under a corporate agreement. Your use of our site means that you or your company accept, and agree to abide by this policy.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To send, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
• To reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our site or associated applications accessible herein in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
• To access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
o any software used in conjunction with our site; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
GovDocs, Inc. will solely determine whether this acceptable use policy was breached through your or your company’s use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Withdrawal of your or your company’s right to use our site
• Removal of any uploaded information
• Issue of a warning to you and/or your company
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.